Friday, December 9, 2011

BEGINNING A NEW FIELD IN TATTOO    

Hello, My name is Rey. This is my first blog ever.  I am an artist. My artist alias, promotional name is Redius. I symbolizes unity and an inner being of all beings being expressed to its outer being.  I have been drawing since childhood and have taken on a serious interest in the art of tattoo, and one day inspire to become a certified tattoo artist. I will use this blog to help me and others who share the passion for tattoo to further their education, awareness, and fuel the passion in this very expanding field. Lets start off on a little about myself. Upon graduating high school and becoming a reputable artist in my school, I was recommended to pursue the art field and further my education. I took the advise of my peers and enrolled at Collins College of design and technology. I am going to be honest, I did not research my school well for I was more geared at pursuing fine art, not graphic design, of which this school specializes in. Well, despite the mismatch and difficulties to maintain grades, I graduated in 2005 with an Associates in Visual Communication. I never entered the field with my degree over the coarse of the next 7 years, which is up to now. Yep, I wasted approximately 34,000 on a degree I don't even use. Isn't that the newest trend these days? ...haha jk.

     Why not just go tattoo in and apply at a shop? I am an Oregon resident, and part of the requirement of the state is that i pay around 10,000 dollars to become accredited and certified to legally tattoo in the state. I am now married with two step-kids and use my downtime to design art for my community all while working a full time job with the forest service.  I hope to use what I have learned in college and apply it to the tattoo field. Everything happens for a reason, and I am on the way to my calling. Hopefully what I learn will be contributed on this post and will enlighten many who wish to pursue, or entertain those who just love spectating the beautiful world of tattoo. Enough about me!...now for the juicy content!!!

Remember I am new to blogging so any user advise is appreciated.

ALL TATTOO ENTHUSIAST WELCOME TO POST.


Here's a link to a documentary I just seen that I gave two thumbs up. http://www.edhardytattootheworld.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment